Thursday, June 21, 2012

In lieu of my life's unexpectedness...

"The Lord will give strength unto his people; The Lord will bless his people with peace." Psalm 29:11

My Bible has been my constant companion for 2 days while waiting at the doctor's office.  And I am very much overwhelmed by God's love pouring out from each word, each chapter, each page.  I got to read about Job too - wherein God said he is perfect and upright, and one that feared God and eschewed evil and yet, he suffered tremendous tragedies in his life.  His cattle died, his children died, his wife turned his back on him and he got boils! And yet, despite of all that, v.22 says Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.  He arose, rent his mantle, shaved his head, fell down the ground, and WORSHIPPED the Lord.

Its true that sometimes things don't go the way you planned.  I'm so ready to start my new job.  Actually I already convinced myself that I will start next week!  Its all about I, me and mine.  And so I guess, its about time God stepped in and prove Himself sovereign and allowed things to happen way beyond my control.

Of course, its a bummer kasi I have to buy meds and I have to come back next week and repeat lab tests yet again so the doctor will know if it worked.  And to think that I have to wait another week! 

But, God says His way is perfect.  For God, there is a purpose for everything.  I try to see the glass half full instead of half empty - this is always what i do so I won't get frustrated or depressed with bad news that come my way.  Its really a good thing that they've detected my glycosuria immediately instead of later.  and I'm glad its nothing that serious.  I'm thankful its not a cyst that needs surgery which needs a biopsy which will then lead to cancer.  I will definitely lose my job before i even start! hahaha... :))  Its a call for me to be extra careful with what i eat and drink and to continue to lose weight.  Its the road to a better me.  And i hope come December, I look pretty damn good! :))

The Lord will bless His people with peace.  I'm really blessed that I have a God.  Even though its not that good of a news, I don't worry too much because with God, i have peace.  All i need to do is be still and not be shaken amidst my whole health situation.  

Hopefully by next week, the doctor will give me clearance to work.  But as of now, I will keep reading and continue to be blessed by the Word of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment