Monday, June 4, 2012

On the dream of making music

Lately, i have this really strong urge to write a song - or a couple of songs.  but my problem is, i'm not really gifted in writing texts.  i know what i wanted to say, i know what i feel.  the problem is, i don't know how to translate it to prose.  i tried doing it yesterday. Man! It's hard!  thinking of words and rhymes is like starting off an old, dusty, rusty machine.  in fairness, it did start, wrote a few lines, and then i reached a brick wall.  Nothing.  i just walked a few paces and i hit a writer's block agad! hahaha....

I was really inspired by Will.i.am.  I saw this documentary on the Bio channel and he's regarded as one of the greatest visionary in our time today in the area of music.  i admire his passion.  He never lets anything hinder his love of music and his creative mind never stops thinking and creating.

Recently he was granted permission to record the guitar accompaniment for his new song "Mona Lisa Smile" AT THE LOUVRE after hours!  Man!  talk about inspiration!  they get to record only with a guitar and his laptop on hand in front of the original Mona Lisa painting.  the accoustics is really good at the Louvre so its really a good place to play and record.

 I like what he said - he said, "...if i told the man i was sitting with in the bus that i would be playing/recording  a song at the Louvre museum in Paris, he would never believe me.  He would say, you're crazy man!  I would have never believe it myself.  But here i am now."

What i learned from him is that to never get tired of chasing after your dream.  Treat it like its some delicate thing that would get blown away by the wind if you don't take care of it.  He never stops dreaming and creating and he's never afraid to give his ideas a try.  "Maybe 50 people will like it, maybe 500, maybe 50,000."

I love music and i love making music.  i just hope i would achieve his level of passion and perseverance and creativity.  i really don't want to be famous like Charice, Justine Bieber or Greyson Chance who made it big on Youtube.  I just really want to make music; to be able to connect to others who have the same experiences as i do - of living, loving and being loved.  nothing more.

I know, someday. SOMEDAY.  I will be posting and sharing videos of MY songs.  And I too will be a great visionary in music. :D

But as for now, i think i'll stick to my day job (sana magkaron na rin ng day job).
hehehe.. :p

1 comment: